Randi J. Alterman
I lead teams that bridge the gap between Marketing, Sales, and Product. Digital is my passion; it is the heart of successful business strategy. Most customers sort, rank, and evaluate solutions before contacting a potential provider. Solution Selling is becoming old school. Flexibility, scaleability, collaboration, are vital. Digital has become the enticer, the knowledge repository, and the marketing tool to drive business. I’m jazzed that I can empower the business through digital platforms and innovation.
Today, analytics drive decisions and I use a results-based approach to define digital strategies. I experiment and explore new ideas and technologies. I am a creative thinker and dynamic leader who believes fast failure is acceptable in order to achieve new learnings and push the envelope. There is no fear in trying, only in staying safe too long.
Add value, don’t just sell. Promote and collaborate. Be positive and drive change. Compete on value not price. Simple can be harder than complex but simple drives understanding. Tomorrow belongs to the doers. We invent it. We live in it. We change it. We value it. These are concepts that excite me and define me.
Specialties: Strategic Marketing • Digital Marketing • Brand Marketing • Messaging • Digital Strategies • Relationship Building • Thought Leadership • Web-based Marketing Programs • Offline/Online Marketing Promotion • Public Relations • Advertising • Planning • Communications • Lead Generation • Customer Success Stories • Team Building/Management
Digital Marketing Lead, GE Digital, Foxboro MA 2012 – Present
At GE Digital, we connect streams of machine data to powerful analytics and people, providing industrial companies with valuable insights to manage assets and operations more efficiently. Our world-class talent and software capabilities drive digital industrial transformation for big gains in productivity, availability and longevity. I currently manage ge.com/digital.
My team has pushed our digital footprint forward to better engage customers, assist sales teams and drive leadership in the markets we serve. From website to social platforms, from marketing automation tools to digital content, we showcase our thought leadership, deliver our brand messages, and accelerate the sales cycle.
- Increased social followers and engagement on multiple platforms by over 200%.
- Implemented “80% value to the community, 20% about us” rule for blog and social posting.
- Championed web to SalesForce.com lead factory to move leads through the buyers’ journey and accelerate pipeline.
- Manage YouTube channel with more than 12,000 minutes viewed per month.
- Explore and implement new ways to deliver personal, relevant, engaging messaging in digital.
Director of Marketing, Monster.com, Maynard MA 2006 – 2012
Created, developed and implemented marketing programs and materials for over 700 US Sales team members. Worked extensively with Sales to accelerate revenue through integrated marketing programs. Transformed department from:
- Sales support to sales enablement
- Paper collateral development to innovative online digital programs for PC and mobile platforms
- Individual product sales materials to upsell engagement initiatives
Developed lead generation programs, relationship marketing events and brand building activities. Developed product and competitive messaging. US activities form the foundation for global sales initiatives. Managed $1m+ budget.
- Implemented and maintained customer success story program including online and offline customer endorsements. Interviewed 100+ customers per year on Monster’s products and innovations.
- Established thought leadership program and online web seminar series. Held 20 online events each year to a combined yearly total of 30,000 registrants. Left in fifth year of series.
- Worked with sales teams throughout North America and with marketing colleagues on a global scale. Created and implemented online sales tool kits and customer engagement materials.
Strategic Marketing Consultant 2004 – 2006
Accellent, Inc., Wilmington, MA
Led marketing, communications and public relations program efforts including company video profiles, press releases, company newsletter, sales tools, earning webcasts, and trade show efforts. Editor of Accellent’s 2006 marketing plan.
Fideris, Inc., Lowell, MA
Developed publicity plans and executed public relations efforts. Created and implemented customer engagement programs, demand generation activities and outreach tactics.
Director of Marketing, Arthur D. Little, Cambridge, MA 1995 – 2002
Led all marketing communications programs and public relations initiatives for the Technology & Innovation division of this global consulting firm. Served on the Senior Leadership Team reporting directly to the Senior Vice President charged with P&L responsibility.
- Developed division-specific brand identity training. Taught over 250 professionals how to achieve higher client recognition and sales effectiveness through brand messaging.
- Established division website. Developed strategy, defined scope, created content and led design and implementation.
- Interviewed domestic and international clients. Developed video/print client testimonials.
- Obtained high-profile media placements including feature stories in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Boston Globe, ABC-TV, NBC-TV, CNN-TV.
- Planned and implemented publicity program for company breakthrough in fuel cell technology. Obtained worldwide print/broadcast coverage.
- Responsible for all electronic/print collateral, marketing and advertising campaigns. Oversaw all conference and trade show programs. Developed and executed senior-level business development events. Managed research efforts.
Director, Key Client Management, Arthur D. Little, Cambridge, MA 1999
Member of three-person team responsible for $1.5M program to build and strengthen relationships with the firm’s largest clients. Sales among key client teams increased by 40% during the program’s tenure.
- Developed Key Client Management Intranet site— a repository of strategies, success stories, and ideas to help global teams build strong client relationships and maintain client loyalty.
- Assisted in the implementation of a key client management training program.
Project Marketing Director, DRI/McGraw-Hill, Lexington, MA 1990- 1994
Directed all marketing communications, market research, client database development and public relations for the economic research and consulting unit of McGraw-Hill, a $2B global information organization. Reported to the Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
- Developed and implemented marketing programs, advertising campaigns, and business development efforts for both the consulting and publishing business units.
- Oversaw all production functions including design, layout, offset printing, and finishing of flagship print products. Upgraded production procedures to provide electronic printing for products representing 30% of company revenues.
Masters of Science, Management Information Systems, Graduation with Honors
Boston University, Boston, MA
Bachelor of Science, Business and Communications, Graduation with Distinction
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY